The Home Condition Survey (HCS) is a survey and report designed specifically for the home buyer. It has standard terms of engagement and a standard format. Unlike the HCR it will not be lodged on the Central register. It does not include an EPC so this can be offered as an additional service.
To see an example HCS, click here. (PDF, 2MB)
A Home Condition Survey is a comprehensive report looking at the issues that will affect your decision to purchase, or the price you might pay.
· Which? And the Council of Mortgage Lenders both recommend home buyers commissions an independent survey. Although your lender may require you to pay for a Valuation Report, it answers only the lender's questions about the appropriate security for your loan. You cannot rely on it to provide a detailed report on the condition of the property.
· Identification of major problems early in the purchase process.
· Simple 1/2/3 condition rating of key property elements.
· 3-4 hour survey investigates structural movement, dampness, rot, woodworm, building condition, subsidence, services, environmental and health & safety issues, and other important details of property condition.
· 20-25 page report with photographs which give you a jargon-free assessment of the condition of the property. Insurance backed and produced & monitored under a nationally recognised accreditation scheme.
· Home Condition Surveys (HCS) – for home buyers who want an independent survey of a property before they buy, to help protect their investment.
SAVA regulates surveyors who carry out the SAVA Home Condition Survey. It is an approved regulator of Home Inspectors and all its surveyors have a diploma in Home Inspection and a full criminal records bureau check. SAVA has an established reputation as a champion of residential property surveying standards and employs thorough checks and quality assurance procedures designed to guarantee consumer confidence.